AIA Contract Documents Help
Help me select AIA templatesView
FAQs: ACD5 Online Service and AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus
- What is ACD5™?
ACD5 is the online version of AIA Contract Documents software that now provides a host of powerful new features and benefits. Some of these include:
- Anytime access from anywhere with internet service to all project data and documents
- Compatibility with both Mac and PC operating systems
- Ability to share, edit and track changes on documents online among multiple parties from multiple locations
- Flexibility to work online or offline
- Enhanced security
- Affordable licenses from one document at a time to unlimited access
- Can Mac customers use ACD5?
Yes. Mac or PC customers with an Internet connection can use the new online version. All that is needed is a supported version of the most popular browsers, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Click here for the basic requirements for using ACD5.
- I am an AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus customer, how can I finalize my document again?
As an AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus customer, you can only finalize a document once. However, if you need to finalize a document again, log into ACD5, go to the Template Library, click More Actions and re-purchase your document again.
- What is the difference between the current AIA Documents-on-Demand® product and AIA Documents-on-Demand® Plus?
The new AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus product within ACD5, allows users to edit the legal language of a document. Unlike the current AIA Documents-on-Demand product, where you are only allowed to complete some fill points but are not able to edit the legal language. Other benefits of AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus are:
- Manage a project
- Share and track edits for review
- Create a custom clause library
- Variance check the edited document against the standard document
- How will AIA Contract Documents customers transfer their project information and documents from the software version to ACD5?
Within ACD5 there is a very helpful, AIA Document Mover utility tool, which allows the user to select their current documents and projects they would like to migrate to ACD5. The documents will automatically be converted for use in ACD5. The migration process only moves a copy of the projects and documents. The originals remain in the AIA Contract Documents desktop software version.
- I am an ACD5 Unlimited Multi-User customer, how can I add users to the account?
In order to add users to your multi-seat license, you will need to have an Administrator role. View a video tutorial on the role of Administrator for multi-seat license, which includes information on how to add users to the account.
- Is there any ACD5 training available?
Yes. We offer free ACD5 online training to all customers. Visit AIA Contract Documents Education Portal to sign up for a training. Also, we created a series of ACD5 Help Videos that focus on key features of ACD5 and step-by-step instructions on how to use that feature. These very helpful videos can be viewed on your own time. You can also visit the AIA Contract Documents Education Portal for other ACD5 and general AIA Contract Documents courses.
- How can I work offline in ACD5?
You can work on a document offline by downloading the draft agreement with your Microsoft Word application. Go to How to Work Offline in ACD5 for more detailed instructions and a video tutorial.
FAQs: Desktop Software, AIA Documents-on-Demand and General
- How can I get the latest version of the AIA Contract Documents software?
Go here to download the latest version of the Desktop Software.
- Do you offer training for the Desktop Software products?
Yes. We offer free, online training for the desktop software products to all customers. Visit AIA Contract Documents Education Portal to sign up.
- What are the system requirements for the Desktop Software products?
Go here for the Desktop Software System Requirements.
- Can I make edits to the legal language using AIA Documents-on-Demand?
No. With AIA Documents-on-Demand, you fill out specific project data but cannot change any of the legal language. However, AIA Documents-on-Demand Plus allows you purchase one document at a time and edit the legal language to fit your project needs.
- Do you offer AIA Contract Documents Education?
Yes, we have a easy, convenient, and affordable way to get quality AIA Contract Documents education and resources. Visit the AIA Contract Documents Education Portal to see all the options available.
- Where can I find information about the AIA Contracts themselves?
Visit the Reference Material section of our website for free guides, document synopses, comparatives and commentaries as well as document amendments and supplementary conditions.