Join the AIABecome an International Associate Member
Instantly expand your support network by more than 83,000 colleagues.
Join today and gain from the most valuable professional resource available.
Eligibility for International Associates
Individuals who have an architecture license or equivalent from a non-U.S. licensing authority are eligible for International Associate membership.
International Associate Member Benefits
Membership is an essential investment in your future at every stage of your career.
Here are just some of the benefits you'll have as a member:
- Access a range of expertise through a peer network of more than 83,000 colleagues.
- Attend events, activities, and network through your state and local AIA components demonstrate leadership skills and raise the visibility of the profession in your community.
- Signify that as an AIA architect you adhere to a professional code of ethics and share a common goal to build better a better world for all people.
- Public policies through a Government Advocacy legislative agenda that help create a more favorable environment in which to pursue your practice and career goals, such as starting a firm.
- AIA Contract Documents, the most widely accepted standard form documents in the industry, prepared by the AIA in collaboration with owners, contractors, attorneys, architects, and engineers, to help you conduct construction-based business efficiently and effectively; available to members at a discount.
- Continuing education through CES Discovery keeps you on track with thousands of education courses through hundreds of approved education providers. Plus, on-demand access to your transcript.
- More than 20 Knowledge Communities, professional interest groups, that enable you to build a peer network of colleagues who share your interests and practice specializations.
- AIA KnowledgeNet gives you access to collective knowledge of thousands of members; a space to conduct discussions, find best practices, and get to know other design professionals
- Market Research and economic analysis and business insights through:
- The Architecture Billings Index (ABI), a leading economic indicator of the health of the construction industry
- The Home Designs Trend Survey, a quarterly analysis of trends
- The Foresight Report, research on key current and emerging trends affecting the profession
- An Architect's Guide to the Energy Retrofit Market
- The Compensation Report, a salary survey of 39 firm positions
- Subscriptions to AIArchitect e-newsletter covering news, tips and trends; and ARCHITECT, the official magazine of the AIA; plus digital editions of residential architect, EcoHome, and EcoStructure .
- AIA Trust protection through professional liability, term life, and other insurance coverage.
- AIA Career Center, the premier electronic recruitment resource where you can post opportunities at a discount or find opportunities for free.
- Architect Finder, an online directory where you can create a detailed profile for your firm, and potential clients can connect with you directly.
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology, and more.
- Business Tools, such as best practices, to help you manage your business more effectively.
The sooner you become a member, the sooner you will be able to experience everything that your professional association has to offer.
Get 15 months of membership for the price of 12!
Join for 2015. Benefit Now. Sign up for 2015 membership and get complimentary membership for the rest of 2014.
Join and Win!
Win a Surface Pro 3 or an iPAD Air
Complete your AIA membership by December 31, 2014, and be entered to win either a Surface Pro 3 or an iPAD Air.
Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation and offered only in the United States; and is open only to legal residents, age 18 or older, of the United States.
Free Convention Registration *
New members receive complimentary registration for the 2015 AIA National Convention and Design Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia May 14 - 16.
Dues Installment Plan
All newly joining members are eligible to participate in the 2015 Dues Installment Program. Enroll no later than April 30, and pay your membership dues in up to six monthly installments. 2015 membership dues must be paid in full by June 30, 2015. Learn more.
Tax Deductible Dues Statement
For state and federal income tax purposes, payments to the AIA and its components are generally deductible as trade or business expenses—except for the percentage spent on lobbying federal or state governments. Consult a tax professional to determine the appropriate tax treatment of your dues.