Latest additions complete the migration of AIA paper Contract Documents to Documents-on-Demand.
Contact: Sarah Sanzari
For immediate release:
Washington, D.C. – June 26, 2012 – The American Institute of Architects (AIA) announced the publication of six new Construction Management documents, a project checklist, and a Construction Classification Worksheet via the Documents-on-Demand™ Web site, which for nearly four years has offered PC, MAC and tablet users easy access to AIA Contract Documents’ cost effective contracts anytime and anywhere they have Internet access. These additions complete the conversion of paper AIA Contract Documents to the web-based service, bringing the total number of documents available through Documents-on-Demand to 106.
“Only the AIA’s Contract Documents provide the time-tested legal protection that has been the Industry Standard for over 120 years. The latest additions to our Documents-on-Demand contracts and forms have completed our ultimate goal of providing a comprehensive, quick and easy alternative to paper documents with the added benefit of anywhere, anytime online access,” said Maan Hashem, Managing Director, AIA Contract Documents Software and Services.
“The Documents-on-Demand service makes accessing the most up-to-date contract documents extremely simple,” added David Cantu, President, American Construction Consulting. “Plus, I never have to worry about legal problems when using Documents-on-Demand. I can always rely on AIA Contract Documents’ products, which have been tested, and proven, for years by construction professionals like myself.”
The following documents and forms have been added to AIA Documents-on-Demand:
- A132–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition, and A132 Exhibit A, Determination of the Cost of the Work
- A133–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager as Constructor where the basis of payment is the Cost of the Work Plus a Fee with a Guaranteed Maximum Price, and A133 Exhibit A, Guaranteed Maximum Price Amendment
- A134–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager as Constructor where the basis of payment is the Cost of the Work Plus a Fee without a Guaranteed Maximum Price
- A232–2009, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
- B132–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition
- C132–2009, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager as Adviser
- D200–1995, Project Checklist
- G808–2001, Project Data, and G808A–2001, Construction Classification Worksheet
AIA Documents-on-Demand is a free service. Users can purchase and download only the AIA Contract Document forms and agreements necessary for the project at hand with a price per document ranging from $6.95 to $21.95. Please visit: http://documentsondemand.aia.org
More information about AIA Contract Documents can be found at www.aia.org/contractdocs. AIA Contract Documents software can be purchased at http://www.aia.org/contractdocs/AIAB083374. Documents in paper form are available through the AIA’s full service distributors. For a listing of full service distributors and pricing information, please visit http://www.aia.org/aiaucmp/groups/aia/documents/pdf/aias076340.pdf.
About The American Institute of Architects
For over 150 years, members of the American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes. Members adhere to a code of ethics and professional conduct to ensure the highest standards in professional practice. Embracing their responsibility to serve society, AIA members engage civic and government leaders and the public in helping find needed solutions to pressing issues facing our communities, institutions, nation and world. Visit www.aia.org.