For immediate release:
Denver – June 21, 2013 – Developed in conjunction with the Greenway Group, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) has made the AIA Foresight Report available for free download to AIA members at AIA National Convention and Design Exposition – June 20th through 22nd.
The 34-page report highlights key trends in the architecture marketplace and their impact on business and growth. It is intended to provide original research that applies to the current and future practice of architecture focusing on the areas of sustainability, advances in building performance, changes in project delivery and the evolution of technology.
Key findings include:
• Stiffer competition in the design services marketplace is here to stay due to recession pressure
• New markets and a growing base of talent for the A/E/C industry due to the rise of emerging economies, including Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
• Greater collaboration among design, engineering and construction disciplines
• Increasing push for measuring the effect and benefit of design strategies and providing building performance data
• Rise in alternative and complementary services being offered by architecture firms
• Strong market for green products and design
Available as a free digital download for AIA Members, the AIA Foresight Report will also be available for purchase by non-members, firms, and clients as digital files for $24.99 and print files for $34.99. Download or purchase the report at http://www.aia.org/practicing/AIAB099351.
About The American Institute of Architects
Founded in 1857, members of the American Institute of Architects consistently work to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings, neighborhoods, and communities. Through nearly 300 state and local chapters, the AIA advocates for public policies that promote economic vitality and public well-being. Members adhere to a code of ethics and conduct to ensure the highest professional standards. The AIA provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers and business as well as engaging civic and government leaders, and the public to find solutions to pressing issues facing our communities, institutions, nation and world. Visit www.aia.org.